1) What is the purpose of developing use cases during systems analysis? [1 mark].
2) How do use cases relate to the requirements stated in the requirements definition? [2 marks].
3) Describe the elements of a use case’s basic information section. [3 marks].
4) A process model is initially developed in the analysis phase of the SDLC. True or False [1 mark].
5) What is a process model? What is a data flow diagram? Are the two related? If so, how? [3 marks]
6) List four main elements that makes up a data flow diagram (DFD). Illustrate each element in a diagrammatic form. [4 marks].
7) Define what is meant by an external entity in a process model. How should an external entity be named? [2 marks]
8) Why is a process model typically composed of a set of DFDs? What is meant by decomposition of a business process? [2 marks]
9) A data model is initially developed at the design phase of the SDLC. True or False. [1 mark].
10) What is a data model? [1 mark].
11) What is an entity relationship diagram (ERD)? [1 mark].
12) What are the three basic elements of an ERD? Briefly describe each of the 3 elements. Then illustrate each element in a diagrammatic form. [5 marks].
13) List and describe the three primary strategies that are available during the design phase to obtain a new system. [3 marks].
14) List the three types of client-server tiers available as architectural design options to the analyst in the design phase. Each client-server tiers has advantages and disadvantages. Provide at least one advantage and one disadvantage of one of the client server tiers. [3 marks].
15) Which client server tier would be most suitable to deploy a web browser in an ecommerce type scenario? [1 mark].
16) The system specification document is the final deliverable that is outputted at the end of the design phase and it consists of a collection of 4 deliverables. List down these four deliverables. [2 marks].