Prepare a written analysis of the impact of the 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, and the 14th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution in processing offenders through the criminal justice system by listing your opinions of how these amendments have a daily impact upon the criminal justice systemâ€™s due process processing of an offender from the initial stages of the investigation to the sentencing after the trial. Due process is basically the process of the criminal justice system which protects the defendantâ€™s and the victimâ€™s rights. Be sure to back up your opinions with facts and research. Explain the concept of due process as applied to the U.S. Constitution. Include the following:
- What due process rights are contained in the U.S. Constitution? Give examples.
- What is procedural due process, and why does it exist?
- Do you think any of these rights should be revoked at any time? Which ones?
- What made you choose those?
- To what extent does procedural due process hinder or strengthen the criminal justice system?