In a well-written 5-7 page critical essay, respond to the following, using Anglo-American and Primark as examples:
Using the Svennson and Wood (Svensson, G., & Wood, G. (2008). A model of business ethics. Journal Of Business Ethics, 77(3), 303-322) business ethics model, assess the ethics of the business practices of Anglo-American and Primark,discussing the costs and the benefits to organizations that act ethically.
Keys to the Assignment:
- Describe what is meant by ethical business behavior;
- Describe how these two companies â€“ Anglo-American and Primark â€“ apply ethics in practice;
- Discuss the costs and benefits to an organization when that organization behaves ethically; and
- Choose one component of Svennson & Woodsâ€™ model (found in the journal article â€œA Model of Business Ethicsâ€), and discuss how your chosen component is relevant for Anglo-American and/or Primark. For example, you might choose â€œexternal stakeholder relationshipsâ€ (page 314), and discuss how Anglo-American benefits from its positive stakeholder relationships (see page 4 of the Anglo-American case study).
Your paper will be evaluated on the following seven criteria:
- Precision – Does the paper address the question(s) or task(s)?
- Breadth – Is the full breadth of the subject (i.e., the Keys to the Assignment) addressed?
- Depth – Does the paper address the topic in sufficient depth and include the background reading and other background resources as references?
- Critical thinking – Is the subject thought about critically (i.e., accurately, logically, relevantly, and precisely)?
- Clarity – Is the writing clear and are the concepts articulated properly? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of responding to the questions or are points conveyed through excessive use of quotations?
- Organization – Is the paper well written?Are the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary appropriatefor graduate-level work? Are headings included in all papers longer thantwo pages?
- Referencing (citations and references) – Does the paperinclude citations and quotation marks where appropriate? Are the references from the background reading and assignment present and properly cited? Are all the references listed in the bibliographypresent and referred to via citation?