LP1 Assignment: Pre-writing Essay
Composition I is a system assessed course at National American University. This means that your work is being evaluated at the beginning of the course as well as at the end of the course to evaluate the growth in your writing skills. The essay you are required to write this week is the first assessment of your current writing ability.
For your first essay, you will write a 2-3 page paper using the descriptive strategy (review pages 170-171 in your textbook for suggested topics). Draft your essay in a Word document. This is the only essay in this course you are permitted to use the first person language. Your essay should include the following elements.
- Text should be double-spaced
- One-inch margins should be at the left, right, top, and bottom of each page
- 12 point font
- Times New Romanfont
- Indent paragraphs five spaces
- Topic is focused
- Purpose is clear; a specific audience is addressed
- Thesis statement focuses on one central point or issue, is one sentence in length, and is precise and interesting
- Grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors are minimal
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox â€œLP1.1 Assignment: Pre-writing Essay.â€Because this assignment is an initial assessment on your writing skills, it is not graded; however, you will be awarded 25 completion points for this assignment, if submitted on time.
Your instructor will evaluate your essay using the Writing Process Rubric. If you wish to view this rubric, it is located under Course Resources.
Criteria for assessing the pre-writing essay (25 completion points)
|1.||Essay submitted on time.|