Please review the “Meet our Allied Health Professionals (AHPs)” video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTZ6KXsJnZ8) before reading the case below.
Patients receive care from many professions. These include x-ray technicians, laboratory technicians, physical therapists, nutritionists, and paramedics. Even though these professionals are not doctors they are still held to a higher standard because of their contact with patients. For this case assignment read the 1994 case, Hook v. McLaughlin. (http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx?xmldoc=19941156642NE2d514_11140.xml&docbase=CSLWAR2-1986-2006). It deals with the interaction between a pharmacist and patient. After reading the case, please respond to the following questions.
- What are the pharmacist’s responsibilities to a patient?
- Did the pharmacist uphold those responsibilities in this case?
- Do you agree with the court’s findings? Justify your response.
- What are the lessons to be learned from this case for employees?
- What is the impact on the patient and community when an allied healthcare professional does not perform their duties properly?
- Discuss if this case lead to any changes in the way prescriptions are handled today.
Length: Submit a 3-page paper.
I need 3 pages, APA, in-text citations, and reference page