Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
This assignment is the first step in creating a useful professional presentation. An effective presentation begins with creating a solid foundation for your discussion.
Primary Task Response
Choose one of the following topics that you are interested in:
- Effective use of cross-cultural communications in a multicultural setting
- Providing effective and professional constructive feedback to peers or in a leadership role
- The benefits and use of effective listening skills
- Using nonverbal and verbal communication skills to effectively express and represent yourself
Choose an audience for your presentation.
- For example, perhaps you are in a leadership role at Y Company and you want to train others on how to provide professional constructive feedback. Therefore, your audience could be managers at Y Company.
- Based on who your audience is, think about knowledge that they most likely will already have.
Download and complete the Unit 2 DB Template.
- Within the template, you will fill in specific information in both the slide and notes section. This will serve as an outline and set you up to produce a rough draft presentation in the next unit.
Once you have completed your PowerPoint Outline, please upload it to the discussion board area as your main posting.
Peer Responses: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply. Try to find a student who chose a similar topic to your own and a student who chose a different topic. In your replies, you should consider the following:
- Discuss an area of your peer’s outline that you find to be particularly effective.
- Discuss an area of opportunity in your peer’s posting.
- Consider offering suggestions on outside resources or personal experiences that may help your peer in developing their rough draft in the next unit.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.