PSY 310: Midterm Assessment
Answer all of the questions listed below.
Guidelines for Submission: When submitting the midterm each short answer question should be between 150-300 words; each essay question should be 600-750 words. Responses must be original, if the response includes information that is not common knowledge, the original source(s) must be cited in in-text citations using APA format. A References section must be included on the last page of the exam.
- Short answer questions (9 questions x 15 points = 135)
- Essay questions (2 questions x 37.5 points = 75)
- Exam worth 210 points total
Part I: Short answers
- What is the UCR and why is it important when analyzing criminal behavior?
- Describe Baumrind’s four different parenting styles.Which is preferred and why?
- What is Eysenck’s theory of personality and crime?
- Explain the major environmental factors that impact the development of aggressive behaviors.
- What is the difference between passive and active acts of aggression?Give examples of each.
- What are the primary characteristics of a psychopath found on the Hare PCL Checklist?
- What are the differences between male and female psychopaths?
- What is the difference between incompetence to stand trial and insanity?
- What is the importance of risk assessments and how effective are they?
1. Explain how the three legal standards for insanity differ from each other. Research each of them and explain how they are different.Also, how many states have completely abolished the insanity defense?Why do you think that is?
- Using the Hare PCL resources found in your module resources, assign each of the following three individuals a score on the 3 point scale for each of the PCL categories based on their biographies. Then, explain your rationale for your ratings. Be sure to cite any additional resources that you used in your response.