The assignment is watch A cautionary tale of hate in America and answers these Response Questions
- Why does the documentary begin with the events of Ruby Ridge, Idaho and the Branch Dividians in Waco, Texas? Why are these events significant to waht happened in Oklahoma City in 1995?
- Who was Timothy McVeigh?
- What was McVeigh’s motive for carrying out the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building?
- How does the Oklahoma City Bombing and the motive behind it compare to other acts of terrorism you’ve heard about? How is it similar to and different from what happened on 9/11?
- Do you agree that convicted bomber Timothy McVeigh should have been put to death for what he did? Why/why not?
- What lesson/s can you draw from the documentary?