TITLE – QUANTITATIVE LITERATIRE PAPER
TOPIC – FALL IN THE ELDERLY PATIENT
1.Introduction with 1 concise thesis statement.
2. Summarize topic selection for the 3 quantitative articles selected anddiscuss the relationshipto clinical question inquiry (PICO question), setting, population, or POI originally discussed in the first paper. One of your articles must a quantitative meta-analsysis or systematic review.
3.APPENDIX: (while this is your next step in your paper, it is only included as an appendix to the paper). Critically appraise 3 different types of quantitative studies using one of the selected appraisal tools provided. Attach thesecompleted appraisals to your paper after the references. One of the studies must include a Quantitative Systematic Review OR meta-analysis.(The completed appraisal tools are included as an appendix only). You must complete the tool by addressing each question or comment. Be sure to include the title of the study article on the top of the tool. Failur to include a thorough analysis of the article using the tool will result in deductions in this section. (Choosing the wrong tool for your selected study will result in a 5% deduction. This deduction will apply to each tool/study).
4. Discuss the findings of each study and findings of each appraisal by including (a.) what are the results of each study (b.) if the results of the study are valid -how do you come to that conclusion? Describe this section in your own words and (c.) what contribution do the results have in practice?(Additional resources should be used here-textbooks would be at least 1 option).
5. Explain how you will apply the results of the 3 studies to your practice area. Be sure to include the following influencing factors in your discussion: (a) level of evidence/grade of recommendation (include a reference to the tool that you used to assign the level of evidence), (b) applicability to population and setting, (c) facility’s/staff’s readiness to change, and (d) stakeholders involved-include who and why they are important to include when making a practice change. (Support this section with references other than the studies that you compared).
6. Conclusion to summarize main points.
7. Attach a thoroughly completed evidence matrix as an appendix.