use APA style for all cited sources including your resource page.
- Select a city, town, or municipality, and examine trends in criminal activity over the last 4 years (2007-2010).
- Go to the Uniform Crime Report (http://www.ucrdatatool.gov/) and obtain 3 of the cityâ€™s Part I Offenses (violent or property categoriesâ€”Major Offenses).
- Go to the cityâ€™s police department Web site to obtain 3 Part II Offenses.
- Create a graph or grid of the number of offenses for both Part I and Part II Offenses.
- Obtain information on crime factors from the cityâ€™s official Web site and the cityâ€™s police department. The information should include demographic, geographic, or policing strategies currently used by the police department. Speculate how the crime factors impact, or explain why crime occurs in that area.
- Does the cityâ€™s official police departmentâ€™s or the cityâ€™s official Web site show crime rates crossed with other variables such as race, gender, or social class? If so, what variables did they distinguish, and what were the results? If not, why should they illustrate the rates in using different variables?
- Explain how the results of crime analysis can provide information to improve the quality of policing and the department.