write either a letter to a friend or family member back home or aguide about immigration for people hoping to come to the United States, to explain what the process will be like. Your letter or guide should be written from the point of view of an Asian or European immigrant in the early 1900s.
If you choose to write a letter, be sure to consider the following in your response:
- Where are you from?
- Why did you leave your homeland?
- How was your journey to the United States?
- What happened to you when you arrived?
- What is your new life like in America? Where do you live and what do you do every day?
- What difficulties do you face because of who you are, where you came from, or where you live now?
If you choose to write an immigration guide, be sure to include the following information:
- For which home country are you writing the guide?
- What immigration laws may apply to immigrants using your guide?
- What can immigrants expect their journey to be like?
- What can immigrants expect immediately upon arrival?
- What types of jobs are available for people from that home country?
- Where are immigrants from the home country likely to settle? Why?
- What will life be like once the immigrants are settled in the United States?
Your letter or guide should be at least one page in length and in no larger than a 12-point font. You may include clip art or images.