Your written product will include Part I: Proposal, Part II: Update, and Part III: Report
- Must explain decision-making process for making the change. See decision-making link. Part of Proposal
- Explain the interaction process between you (the student) and the changer (to the proper personnel to make the change) and the communication process to initiate the change. See communication link. Part of Proposal and Update (Can add any new information)
- Have a follow-up explaining what impact your activity had if any. The follow-up must include the reactions from the personnel(s) who can make the change and from the employee(s) who will be doing the change. (10 points) For example, if you if you chose to have the receptionist change the format of addressing patients when they arrive for updated personal information, how did the interaction with the personnel agreeing to the change go, what communication process was used, was the first try enough or did you have to go back for more information, etc.? If the change was made, how well did the receptionist take to the change. Who and how was the receptionist informed of the change? What were some trail and errors made? 10 points
- What are the lessons learned from this assignment? (What changes could be made to streamline the process or to have made it more successful.) 15 points
- Include a reflection on the project. What did you learn about encouraging change? What lessons have you learned from the assignment? What implications does that have for your understanding of this course? 15 points
This follow-up component is very important and makes up 50% of your grade. The grade is not on the final outcome of a change being made but on the processes needed to make the change: decision-making process, communication processes and identifying lessons learned.
This report must follow APA writing guidelines. It is not sufficient to simply send me what you sent or handed out to others. You must have a narrative explanation of all the activities. The follow-up portion of this is essential. In order to get a passing grade on this activity, you must have an explanation of the follow-up, explaining all positive and negative reactions to your request for action and recommendation