Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Assignment 5: Instructional Plan
In this assignment you will develop a plan for instruction adult students in a Multi-Cultural Classroom.
Use Tables 9.2 and 9.3 in Chapter 9, Wlodkowski, as a template for the plan Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you address the following sections: Section I
- Introduction: Introduce your plan and include a rationale for it.
- Description of environment and content: Describe an environment in which you are currently or plan to be teaching, include the subject matter you will cover and the length of the class period in one (1) paragraph.
- Learning objective: State the expected outcome(s) for students to achieve in one or two (1 or 2) sentences.
- Description of learners: Describe the learners with five (5) characteristics, using bullet points: (1) age range, (2) gender mix, (3) racial makeup and / or nationalities, (4) professions, and (5) prior knowledge of content.
- Plan: Create a four-column table with these headings: (1) Condition – Timing, (2) Motivational Purpose, (3) Motivational Strategy, and (4) Learning Activity or Instructor Behavior. Complete the plan with a minimum of six (6) strategies: (two (2) for the beginning; three (3) for during instruction; and one (1) or more for the conclusion).
- Conclusion: Create a one (1) page summary of your plan. Summarize the key points of the plan, and your expectation for how the plan will be received by the students when implemented.
- Include at least three (3) references (no more than 2-3 years old) from material outside the textbook.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply techniques that ensure inclusion of diverse adult learners.
- Apply motivation theory to the design of an instructional component.
- Develop a plan for adult learning in a specific role to achieve core competencies in an organization.
- Develop effective solutions that include effective motivational principles to specific training problems in adult learning or training environments.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in methods of teaching in adult education.
- Write clearly and concisely about methods of teaching in adult education using proper writing mechanics.