While investigating mysterious activities in the world diamond market, 007 has discovered that his evil nemesis Blofeld is stockpiling the gems to use in his deadly laser satellite. With the help of beautiful smuggler Tiffany Case, Bond has set out to stop the madman – the fate of the world hangs in the balance!
Bond has intercepted a transmission from the Whyte House, a casino-hotel owned by the reclusive billionaire Willard Whyte. Bond suspects that SPECTRE agents have been communicating through the Whyte House. Your task as the senior analyst within the digital forensics division of MI5 is to answer Bond’s questions.
1. What was the first communication between the suspected SPECTRE agents?
2. What did the suspected SPECTRE agents exchange?
3. What was used to blackmail Tiffany Case?
4. Who is Putter Smith?
5. What mail client does Putter Smith use?
6. What was the operating system running on Tiffany Case’s PC?
7. What was Tiffany Case looking at that she shouldn’t be?
8. What was in the trash directory?
9. What was in the encrypted transfer by Willard Whyte?
10. Is Willard Whyte working for SPECTRE?
11. Create a detailed map of the network, including IP addresses, hostnames and services as well as suspected owners of each host.
12. Create a detailed timeline of the significant events that take place in the captured transmission.
As part of the answer for each of these questions you must include
• A clear description of the evidence for your answer.
• A detailed description of the process that you followed and the tools that you used to obtain the evidence.