Some people report that cilantro has a bad taste; often described as soapy. Consider an experiment where you are testing the incidence of that genetic characteristic associated with the taste of the herb cilantro. The probability of this characteristic is thought to be 0.1 (10%). Your research budget allows you to only test 10 subjects.
You may use a binomial table or Excel to help you do the calculations for this assignment or find resources on the internet to assist you.
- What probability distribution describes this experiment best? (5 points)
- Complete the following table providing the discrete probability for all possible outcomes for the number of subjects reporting a bad taste: (30 points)
|Number of Subjects Reporting a Bad Taste||| Probability|
3. Do a sketch of the probability distribution for your experiment (a computer-generated graph would be a cookie with frosting and sprinkles). (35 points)
- What is the probability that 3 or fewer of the subjects report the bad taste? (10 points)
- What is the most unlikely outcome of your experiment? (10 points)
- What is the most likely outcome of your experiment? (10 points)