The rich history of constitutional and contractual case law form the basis of modern business operations. In this assignment, you will investigate the historic and pragmatic relationships between constitutional law and contract law and their influences on modern business.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) in which you discuss the historic and pragmatic relationships between constitutional law and contract law. Include the following in your paper:
- A brief discussion of the nature of constitutional law in the U.S. Where did it originate? By what right are laws made? Who interprets laws?
- A discussion of seminal constitutional and contractual case law and the influence of these on modern business.
- A discussion of the importance of contracts in American business. Why do contracts exist? How might contracts influence the sustainability of a business?
- A discussion of when to engage legal counsel in the administration or defense of a contract.