The Strategic Research Proposal asks you for your initial outline and assessment of the major strategic issues the business or organisation faces over the next 3-10 years. It also asks you to outline the strategic analysis tools/frameworks etc that you envisage being most useful for your analysis and your initial evaluation to ensure relevant strategic information is available on the Strategic Business Unit or organisation.
The report allows you to demonstrate your skills at assessing which strategy analysis models and tools are most suitable for identifying and assessing the issues that the Strategic Business Unit or organisation is likely to face over the next 3-10 years, through the application of the relevant strategy analysis models and tools.
Generic Individual Report Structure
Individual Project Report structure could be as follows:
- Executive Summary of major strategic issues and strategy recommendations
- (Use brief names for Strategic Issues 1-3) eg “New Entrants Increasing Competition”– Strategic Issue 1 – why it is an important strategic issue and its potential impact(s)
- Strategic Issue 2 – why it is an important strategic issue and its potential impact(s)
- Strategic Issue 3 – why it is an important strategic issue and its potential impact(s)
- Strategy Recommendation – how you would recommend the Business should address these major strategic issues